JOB TITLE: Test Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Product Engineering
Lite Coms is a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. As a small business of under 25 employees, our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
This position reports to the Director of Product Engineering. The Test Engineer will help to develop test plans, procedures and provide assistance with the testing of Satcom products. The candidate must have a working knowledge of Test Equipment which is used for Satcom system testing (Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Power Meters). Candidate must be able to read and understand design schematics. Candidate must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Test and record data for Lite Coms LLC’s family of products
- Support internal testing activities for operations and engineering.
- Assist engineering and operations in defining necessary tests needed for products
- Assist in the configuration of test plans, procedures and data sheets
- Maintain and monitor test equipment(s)/assets
- Assist with product assembly as needed
- Review and complete “Dry Runs” for test procedures
- Provide support for design reviews, test rollouts and implementation
- Test products to ensure that products perform their proposed functions in a satisfactory manner
- Provide troubleshooting and isolate issues on products and assist in resolving issues
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and government specifications/regulations
- Assist operations team with tasks assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- OR Associate degree with a minimum of 4 years work related experience
- Ability to write reports, procedure manuals, and correspondence
- Familiarity with test equipment(s), spectrum analyzer, power meter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Use various test technologies to diagnose the cause of test failures to the component level
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to present information and respond to questions one-on-one or from groups of colleagues, managers, and customers.
- Willingness to cross train to gain proficiency in other test related tasks as assigned
- Ability to multi-task and a self-starter
- Work with minimum supervision
- Occasional travel maybe required for this role to support testing
- Occasional support in other departments as needed
- Strong communication skills and enjoying working with others,
- Ability to develop relationships and share knowledge
May be required <15%
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception a
- Ability to adjust focus.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law.