JOB TITLE Shipping and Receiving Specialist
REPORTS TO Supply Chain Manager
Lite Coms is a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. As a small business, our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
This position will report to the Supply Chain Manager. The Logistics Associate is a critical role in achieving the Core Values of Lite Coms. On Time delivery is a customer commitment at Lite Coms and delivering material for manufacturing is a critical step towards achieving that goal. This position will require multi-tasking, operating at a fast pace, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will also be a very effective communicator, both written and verbal, and both internally and externally.
- Inspecting incoming and outgoing shipments and verifying rates
- Receiving incoming shipments and preparing outgoing shipments
- Developing and communicating shipment schedules
- Preparing and maintaining shipment paperwork, records, and digital databases
- Package and Ship finished goods
- Manage, maintain, and develop shipping department
- Create shipping, serial and UID labels
- Performing additional duties as needed
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- 2 to 4 years’ experience
- Ability to remain highly organized and attention to detail
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, word, excel, etc.
- Experience working in a technology company, or a sales organization desired
- Ability to drive forklift, truck/van as necessary
- Previous work with shippers and transportation companies a plus
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. No Dual Citizenship.
Must consent to and pass a drug screen as conditions of employment.
The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception a
- Ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law.