JOB TITLE: Purchasing, Materials and Publications
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Operations and Programs
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
RATE: Based upon experience
About Lite Coms LLC: We are a commercial tactical satellite terminal design and manufacturing company and our primary customer is the US DOD. We have a high energy entrepreneurial environment. We develop high performance communication solutions for the complex problems for our customers. Our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. Our team has built and delivered over 10,000 Satellite Terminals to the US and International Marketplace. We are a global company with customers around the world. In our third year as a Start-Up NY company, we offer NY State Tax Exempt income to our employees.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will report to the Sr. Director, Operations and Programs. The primary responsibilities include generating purchase orders for operations and engineering, negotiating pricing, review of tech manuals and other publications, developing Bills of Material, Process Documentation, creating documentation in Power Point, Excel and Word, and other duties as required. This is a fast-paced position in a growing department. Working independently and juggling priorities is critical.
- Create purchase orders for operations
- Monitor inventory in QuickBooks
- Assist in receiving of materials
- Utilize web to check for competitive pricing
- Develop relationships with local suppliers to ensure most favored pricing
- Review manuals for grammar, ease of reading and accuracy
- Transition Engineering Bills of Material to MRP
- Assist in customer presentation development, data sheets and promotional materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with strengths in English, Marketing and Graphics
- Entry level position, strong summer, or intern experience desired
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision while working independently or in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to present information
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Use of QuickBooks
- Web Design
- Experience in Access or other data base software
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Not offered for this position.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law. In addition, Lite Coms LLC also prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against an applicant or employee for discussing, disclosing or inquiring about compensation or compensation information.