JOB TITLE: Co-op Mechanical Engineer Spring
REPORTS TO: Mechanical Engineering Manager
Lite Coms is a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. As a small business of under 25 employees, our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
This position reports to the Senior Mechanical Engineering Manager. The Co-op Mechanical Engineer will research, plan, design and analyze mechanical and electromechanical products. Analyze data such as customer design requirements and specifications to determine feasibility of design. Develops, designs, sketches, and specifications; creates and prototypes for proposed products and packaging schemes.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering support for both new product development as well as factory support for existing products
- Research and analyze data such as customer design requirements, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Develops, designs, sketches, specifies and creates prototypes of proposed packaging/system in order to present for design approval
- Research, plan and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis), structural and thermal
- Translate product requirements into mechanical specifications and test plan
- Execute test plan (structural and thermal) to prove design will meet customer requirements
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME);
- Two or more prior internships/co-op work experience in analysis, design, development of electromechanical equipment, components, assemblies, and systems
- CAD design experience
- Design for manufacturing experience
- Experience with 3D modeling software such as Autodesk Inventor and FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- Experience with shock and vibration and procedures, specifically with respect to electronic equipment
- Strong communication skills and enjoying working with others, developing relationships and sharing knowledge
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. NO Dual Citizenship.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception a
- Ability to adjust focus.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law.