JOB TITLE: Sr Mechanical Engineer
REPORTS TO: Mechanical Engineering Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
About Lite Coms LLC:
We are a commercial tactical satellite terminal design and manufacturing company and our primary customer is the US DOD. We have a high energy entrepreneurial environment. We develop high performance communication solutions for the complex problems for our customers. Our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. Our team has built and delivered over 10,000 Satellite Terminals to the US and International Marketplace. We are a global company with customers around the world. In our third year as a Start-Up NY company, we offer NY State Tax Exempt income to our employees.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will research, plan, design and analyze mechanical and electromechanical products. Analyze data such as customer design requirements and specifications to determine feasibility of design. Develops, designs, sketches, and specifications; creates and prototypes for proposed products and packaging schemes. Candidate must have strong working knowledge and understanding of electronic/electromechanical packaging including design with respect to, heat transfer, shock, vibration and harsh environments. Must be able to plan and supervise environmental & transport testing to prove designs and establish certification in accordance with applicable requirements (typically MIL-STD-810G).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Research, plan and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems
- Research and analyze data such as customer design requirements, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Develops, designs, sketches, specifies and creates prototypes of proposed packaging/system in order to present for design approval
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis), structural and thermal
- Create and generate design files to be released and controlled in a configuration management environment
- Provide Mechanical Engineering support for both new product development as well as factory support for existing products
- Lead engineers in the mechanical development of products or resolution of mechanical issues
- Translate product requirements into mechanical specifications and test plan
- Execute test plan (structural and thermal) to prove design will meet customer requirements
Provide guidance and supervision as necessary for creation of prototype parts and transport packaging; supervise in-house and external lab testing for environmental verification & validation.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. NO Dual Citizenship.
Essential Qualifications, Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Associate’s degree with a minimum of 4 years work related experience
- 3-5 years of work experience, analysis, design, development of electromechanical equipment, components, assemblies, and systems
- Experience with shock and vibration per military 810 (MIL-STD-810G) specifications and procedures, specifically with respect to electronic equipment
- Design for manufacturing experience
- Experience with 3D modeling software such as Autodesk Inventor and FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- Strong CAD design experience
- Strong communication skills and enjoying working with others, developing relationships and sharing knowledge
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law. In addition, Lite Coms LLC also prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against an applicant or employee for discussing, disclosing, or inquiring about compensation or compensation information.