JOB TITLE: Sr. Electrical Engineer
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
RATE: Based upon experience
About Lite Coms LLC:
We are a commercial tactical satellite terminal design and manufacturing company and our primary customer is the US DOD. We have a high energy entrepreneurial environment. We develop high performance communication solutions for the complex problems for our customers. Our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. Our team has built and delivered over 10,000 Satellite Terminals to the US and International Marketplace. We are a global company with customers around the world. In our third year as a Start-Up NY company, we offer NY State Tax Exempt income to our employees.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer will design and release of many game-changing new products and mentor our dynamic engineering team of electrical and software engineers. You will also be responsible to build and release multiple products per year into manufacturing. You will coach the team on the importance of details. This will involve material and vendor selection, schedule and BOM responsibilities, long lead item forecasting, and most importantly, a passion to envision the best innovative products in our field. Here at Lite Coms LLC, we challenge ourselves every day to make the best products faster than anyone else in our industry and that is why our customers keep coming back! You will be getting in on the ground floor of a dynamic rapidly expanding business with great opportunities for career growth. You will be a key part of shaping Lite Coms LLC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with business team building on all stages of new product development
- Occasional travel required (10%)
- Component and subcomponent selection
- Work with Industry Leaders in the Space and Satellite Marketplace
- Contract for, validate and manage circuit design and troubleshooting
- Able to identify component operational characteristics that may impact system performance and or sustainability
- Willingness to cross train to gain proficiency in other test related tasks as assigned
- Work with minimum supervision
- Willingness to wear multiple hats
- Able to multitask daily
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. No dual citizenship.
Essential Qualifications, Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering along with 5 to 7 years’ experience or equivalent combination of other education and work experience
- Familiarity with test equipment(s)
- Experience developing budgets and estimates
- Familiarity with configuration management and document control(s)
- Experience with communication systems and interfaces
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with component vendors
- Experience with commercial standards and certification ie. CE
- Experience with system design(s) and development
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with Satcom products and industry standards
- Experience with Military standards and requirements
- Experience with VSAT technologies and configuration a plus
- Experience with baseband modems
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law. In addition, Lite Coms LLC also prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against an applicant or employee for discussing, disclosing, or inquiring about compensation or compensation information.