JOB TITLE: Sr. Director Engineering
REPORTS TO: VP Operations and Programs
About Lite Coms LLC: We are a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. Our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
Reporting to the VP of Operations and Programs, the Sr. Director of Engineering is responsible for leading a team of Engineers with department heads in the individual disciplines of Electrical, Mechanical and Software Engineering. The Sr. Director of Engineering is responsible for ensuring on time and on budget performance of customer driven as well as internally driven engineering projects. Lite Coms values leading edge technology with speed to market advantage to achieve Customer Delight.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage a small team of engineering; mechanical, electrical, systems, and software developers
- Ability to develop and maintain engineering project schedules and budgets
- Ability to work with engineering department heads to resolve complex issues on critical programs related to architectural approaches, requirements, specifications, and design
- Leads and coordinates technical aspects of proposal preparation
- Identifies critical performance measures and leads team to successful achievement
- Leads activities supporting Supplier Management by making buy recommendations and other technical services.
- Manage supplier relationships, including leading and coordinating multi-company teams
- Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of product development.
- Develops new concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
- Responsible for coordination of requirements & technical direction for product families.
- Align with cross-functional teams on Operations including Manufacturing, Assembly, Test & Supply Chain
- Develops requirements and facilitates alignment of New Technology Introduction in support of Products
- Technical risk management for the MIL Standards and other risks
Skills And Experience
- Bias for action and Customer Delight
- 10+ years of direct experience in prototype or medium to large scale program definition, engineering design, development, integration, testing, and capability demonstrations
- Design engineering and/or management experience in an early stage company preferred
- Experience with design, development, and integration of networking, radio communications, and subsystems (prefer satellite ground terminals)
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of hardware and software engineers through the design and development of prototype or development-type programs
- Demonstrated experience collecting complex engineering data from multiple sources and the ability to organize and communicate data concisely to the customer and senior leadership
- Experience with U.S. Government Program Management a plus
- The personal flexibility and willingness to travel to customer and supplier sites and various testing locations during programs
- Ability to U.S. Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required)
B.S Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering (Master’s degree a plus) Bachelor, Master’s degree from an accredited course of study in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
To be negotiated if necessary.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law. In addition, Lite Coms LLC also prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against an applicant or employee for discussing, disclosing, or inquiring about compensation or compensation information.