JOB TITLE: Co-op Software Engineer Spring
DEPARTMENT: Director Product Engineering
Lite Coms is a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. As a small business of under 25 employees, our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
This Position will report Director of Product Engineering. Software Engineer will help to develop and support embedded designs, software specifications and requirements for Lite Coms Family of products. The candidate must have strong working knowledge and understanding of software design with respect to, embedded designs, data storage, LINUX environments and platforms, automated testing and software testing and debugging.
- Skill and experience with multiple programming languages such as C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Understanding, executing, and implementing software testing and validation
- Support product launches on electromechanical products and systems and some manufacturing activities.
- Analyze data such as customer design requirements, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Support internal activities as such testing PWB assemblies
- Support embedded design solutions and Graphical User Interface(s) (GUI)
- Working towards Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Software Engineering.
- Two or more prior internships/co-op work experience in analysis, design, development of software and embedded design solutions, components, assemblies, and systems.
- Git/SW Collaboration/Version Control
- Linux machine support
- Knowledge of hardware systems
- Experience in troubleshooting Windows PC
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision while working independently or in a team environment.
- Yocto Build System experience a plus
- Experience in UX/UI design
- Experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeter, spectrum analyzer
This position may require the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception
- Ability to adjust focus.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law.