JOB TITLE: Electrical Engineer – New Product Development
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director Engineering
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
RATE: Based upon experience
About Lite Coms LLC: We are a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. Our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
POSITION SUMMARY: Lite Coms is looking for a talented engineer to contribute to the development of its products. As an Electrical Development Engineer, you will engage with your skilled cross-functional peers to develop innovative technologies. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive all a full cycle product development from inception to maturity. It is expected that this role will also help development of manufacturing and test documentation for the products. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Work collaboratively with Mechanical Engineering and other Lite Coms team member to create cutting edge products.
- Design Satcom products to industry standards
- Design in accordance with Military standards and requirements
- Design in accordance with commercial standards and certification ie. CE
- Develop and create system and design document(s) and documentation(s)
- System design(s) and development
- Component and subcomponent selection
- Assist with secondary sourcing of components
- Assist with circuit design and troubleshooting
- Assist/Lead schematic and PWB design
- Assist operations team when necessary
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications: Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering along with 5+ years’ experience or equivalent combination of other education and experience.
- Familiarity with test equipment(s), spectrum analyzer, power meter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Familiarity with configuration management and document control(s)
- Use various test technologies to diagnose the cause of test failures to the component level
- Some experience with communication systems and interfaces Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Experience with board schematic entry.
- Experience with product development and manufacturing introduction.
- Experience working with component vendors
- Working knowledge of Ethernet switches and routers.
- Working knowledge of incorporating best industry and engineering practices into designs and customer solutions.
- Debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Able to identify component operational characteristics that may impact system performance and or sustainability.
- Willingness to cross train to gain proficiency in other test related tasks as assigned
- Ability to multi-task and a self-starter
- Work with minimum supervision
- Occasional travel maybe required for this role to support testing
- Occasional support in other departments as needed
- Prior knowledge of Military standards and requirements
- Prior experience designing and working within standards, such as commercial standards & certifications or industry standards.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and government specifications/regulations. Ability to write reports, procedure manuals, and correspondence. Ability to present information and respond to questions one-on-one or from groups of colleagues, managers, and customers.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding, to carry out instructions and solve practical problems; correctly assess the correctness/suitability of design software output and deal with a variety of concrete variables in complex situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law. In addition, Lite Coms LLC also prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against an applicant or employee for discussing, disclosing, or inquiring about compensation or compensation information.