JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
REPORTS TO: Mechanical Engineering Manager
Lite Coms is a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. As a small business of under 25 employees, our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
This position reports to the Senior Mechanical Engineering Manager. The Mechanical Engineer will research, plan, design and analyze mechanical and electromechanical products. Analyze data such as customer design requirements and specifications to determine feasibility of design. Develops, designs, sketches, and specifications; creates and prototypes for proposed products and packaging schemes.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering support for both new product development as well as factory support for existing products
- Research and analyze data such as customer design requirements, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Develops, designs, sketches, specifies and creates prototypes of proposed packaging/system in order to present for design approval
- Research, plan and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis), structural and thermal
- Create and generate design files to be released and controlled in a configuration management environment
- Lead engineers in the mechanical development of products or resolution of mechanical issues
- Translate product requirements into mechanical specifications and test plan
- Execute test plan (structural and thermal) to prove design will meet customer requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME);
Associate’s degree with a minimum of 4 years work related experience
- One to Three (1-3) years of work experience, analysis, design, development of electromechanical equipment, components, assemblies, and systems
- Strong CAD design experience
- Design for manufacturing experience
- Experience with 3D modeling software such as Autodesk Inventor and FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- Experience with shock and vibration per military 810 (MIL-STD-810G) specifications and procedures, specifically with respect to electronic equipment
- Strong communication skills and enjoying working with others, developing relationships and sharing knowledge
May be required <15%
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. NO Dual Citizenship.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception a
- Ability to adjust focus.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law. In addition, Lite Coms LLC also prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against an applicant or employee for discussing, disclosing, or inquiring about compensation or compensation information.