JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Engineer
REPORTS TO: VP Operations and Programs
Lite Coms is a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. As a small business of under 25 employees, our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
This position will report to the VP Operations. The Manufacturing Engineer will help to develop satcom and telecommunications products and solutions. In addition, the engineer will also create manufacturing process documents, test plans, procedures. The candidate will lead and execute testing of satcom products, customer service, and quality. Candidate must be able to read and understand design schematics. Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Analyze manufacturing processes for enhancements to quality, cost reduction and on-time deliveries
- Lead with product assembly
- Develop and update assembly procedures to ensure consistent manufacturability and improvement in overall product quality
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards
- Provide troubleshooting and resolve issues on products
- Work with operations and engineering on internal and external testing activities
- Actively participate in design reviews, test rollouts and implementation of new products
- Collaborate with Lite Coms team to create and develop cutting edge products
- Keeps supervisor informed of all activities and carries out other assignments as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, industrial, Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering; Technical Degree along with 3 years’ work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in Manufacturing job
- Experience with CAD
- Understand of fundamental manufacturing principals for electromechanical assembly
- Familiarity with configuration management and document control(s)
- Some experience with communication systems and interfaces Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Ethernet switches and routers
- Some experience with commercial and military product launch and certification
- Willingness to cross train to gain proficiency in other test related tasks as assigned
- Ability to manage complexity in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with test equipment(s), spectrum analyzer, power meter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Working knowledge and design of PCBs, board schematic entry
- Use various test technologies to diagnose the cause of test failures to the component level
May be required <15%
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. No Dual Citizenship.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception a
- Ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law. In addition, Lite Coms LLC also prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against an applicant or employee for discussing, disclosing, or inquiring about compensation or compensation information.