JOB TITLE: Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Engineering
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
RATE: Based upon experience
About Lite Coms LLC: We are a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. Our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will report to the Sr. Director of Engineering. The Software Engineer is responsible for developing, creating, and modifying general computer applications software or specialized utility programs throughout the production life cycle. The Software Engineer will also, design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Perform software design responsibilities to meet specific performance requirements of our Lite Coms LLC’s family of products
- Knowledge of industry practices, techniques, standards and proficiency with Java and other high-level languages
- Perform pre-release testing on all software applications
- Maintain existing code base and perform modifications as needed.
- Debug complex software implementations
- Integrate software on product hardware.
- Create and implement detailed software test plans used for software releases.
- Perform project implementation under the guidance of our Engineering product leads.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines, manufacturing and the customer throughout the design and testing phases.
- Provide software support for new and released products to customers.
- Interface with management regarding software requirements and project status.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or related field, or relevant experience.
- Requires 3-5 years’ experience with degree or 3 years+ of related experience.
- Experience with object-oriented or functional programming using languages such as Java, PHP, Python, C++, or C#
- Experience with LAN and WAN technology, with hands on experience and with multiple chips and platforms
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision while working independently or in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to present information
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Experience in UX/UI design
- Software testing experience
- Experience with Python, Java, SQL
- Experience with Linux device driver and Linus network stack
- Experience with DoD security protocols
- Knowledge of hardware systems
- Experience with Ethernet switches, routers, monitor and control device(s) or interface(s)
- Experience with relational database design principles
- Experience with Satellite Terminals, DOD, Modems, Power Amplifiers
- Enjoys learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as our needs evolve
- Thrive in an agile fast paced environment
- Ability to analyze data such as customer design requirements, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design of the application
- Develop designs, sketches, specifies and creates prototypes of proposed system in order to present for design approval
- Provide support for external customer on all Lite Coms LLC family of terminals
- Availability of occasional travel to support customer site activities
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Not offered for this position.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law. In addition, Lite Coms LLC also prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against an applicant or employee for discussing, disclosing or inquiring about compensation or compensation information.