JOB TITLE: Electrical Technician II
RATE: Based upon experience
About Lite Coms LLC We are a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. Our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
POSITION SUMMARY The Electrical Technician II, will implement and execute test plans, procedures and provide testing of Satcom products. The candidate must have a working knowledge of Test Equipment which is used for Satcom system testing (DMM, Spectrum Analyzer, Power Meters). Candidate must be able to read and understand design schematics. Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test and record data for Lite Coms LLC’s family of products.
- Build high level electronic assemblies (cabling, server racks, etc.)
- Support internal testing activities for operations and engineering.
- Assist engineering and operations in defining necessary tests needed for products
- Assist in the configuration of test plans, procedures, and data sheets
- Review and complete “Dry Runs” for test procedures
- Provide support for design reviews, test rollouts and implementation
- Test products to ensure that products perform their proposed functions in a satisfactory manner
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and government specifications/regulations
- Provide troubleshooting and isolate issues on products and assist in resolving issues
- Assist operations team with tasks assigned by management.
- Ability to write reports, procedure manuals, and correspondence Provide Support for Customer Returns
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications: Required Skills and Experience
- Highschool Diploma or GED with work related experience or 2-year technical school or training preferred
- 5+ Years’ experience in SATCOM or close related industry
- Familiarity with test equipment(s), spectrum analyzer, power meter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Familiarity with hand tools, screw drives, torque drivers, wrenches, etc.
- Use various test technologies to diagnose the cause of test failures to the component level
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to cross train to gain proficiency in other test related tasks as assigned
- Ability to multi-task and a self-starter
- Work with minimum supervision
- Occasional support in other departments as needed
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
May be required <5%
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
Relocation Assistance Not offered for this position.
Must consent to and pass a drug screen as conditions of employment.
The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception a
- Ability to adjust focus.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law.