JOB TITLE: Spring Intern/Co-op Software Engineer (January to June)
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Engineering
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
RATE: $17 to $20 based on experience
About Lite Coms LLC: We are a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Sr. Director of Engineering. Spring intern Software Engineer will help to develop and support embedded designs, software specifications and requirements for Lite Coms Family of products. The candidate must have strong working knowledge and understanding of software design with respect to: embedded designs, data storage, LINUX environments and platforms, automated testing, software testing and debugging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze data such as customer design requirements, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Support internal activities as such testing PWB assemblies, SATCOM products and prototype hardware.
- Support embedded design solutions and Graphical User Interface(s) (GUI)
- Understanding, executing, and implementing software testing and validation
- Skill and experience with multiple programming languages such as Java, C#, Python, etc.
- Support product launches on electromechanical products and systems and some manufacturing activities.
This position may require the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications: Required Skills and Experience
- Working to obtain a bachelor’s degree in Computer or Software Engineering.
- Two or more prior internships/co-op work experience in analysis, design, development of software and embedded design solutions, components, assemblies, and systems.
Basic Qualifications: Required Skills and Experience cont.
- Experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeter, spectrum analyzer
- Experience in troubleshooting Windows PC
- Experience in UX/UI design
- Experience in managing and supporting cloud hosting system(s) is a plus.
- Knowledge of hardware systems
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision while working independently or in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to present information.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding, to carry out instructions and solve practical problems.
- Thrive in an agile fast paced environment.
Relocation Assistance Available:
No, relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law. In addition, Lite Coms LLC also prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against an applicant or employee for discussing, disclosing, or inquiring about compensation or compensation information.