JOB TITLE: Fall Co-op/internship Electrical Engineer
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Operations and Programs
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
RATE: $17 to $20 based on prior Co-op/internship experience
About Lite Coms LLC: We are a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. Our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will report to the Sr. Director, Operations and Programs. The Electrical Engineering will help to develop test plans, procedures and provide assistance with the testing of Satcom products. The desired candidate will have an introductory knowledge and understanding of Satcom system design and applications. Candidate must be able to read and understand design schematics. Candidate must be able to work in a fast pace environment. Candidate must have strong working knowledge of test equipment’s and understanding of test plans and procedures. Must be willing to do light mechanical assembly of prototype and production hardware.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned
- Test and record data for Lite Coms LLC’s family of products
- Ability to assemble delicate and intricate electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Support internal testing activities for operations and engineering.
- Assist operations and engineering in defining necessary tests needed for products
- Assist in the configuration of test plans, procedures and data sheets
- Maintain and monitor test equipment(s)/assets
- Review and complete “Dry Runs” for test procedures
- Provide support for design reviews, test rollouts and implementation
- Test products to ensure that products perform their proposed functions in a satisfactory manner
- Provide troubleshooting and isolate issues on products and assist in resolving issues
- Assist operation team with tasks assigned by management.
Not offered for this position.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications: Required Skills and Experience
- Working to obtain a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- One to two prior Co-op/internship work experience
- Familiarity with test equipment(s), spectrum analyzer, power meter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Familiarity with configuration management and document control(s)
- Use various test technologies to diagnose the cause of test failures to the component level
- Some experience with communication systems and interfaces Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to cross train to gain proficiency in other test related tasks as assigned
- Work with minimum supervision
- Occasional support in other departments as needed
- Willing to learn what 810 military (MIL-STD-810G) specifications and procedures are and use in practical situations.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and government specifications/regulations. Ability to write reports, procedure manuals, and correspondence. Ability to present information and respond to questions one-on-one or from groups of colleagues, managers and customers.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding, to carry out instructions and solve practical problems; correctly assess the correctness/suitability of design software output and deal with a variety of concrete variables in complex situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law. In addition, Lite Coms LLC also prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against an applicant or employee for discussing, disclosing or inquiring about compensation or compensation information.