JOB TITLE: Accounting Specialist
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Lite Coms is a high-tech satellite terminal design and manufacturing company with a high energy entrepreneurial environment. As a small business, our goal is to take awesome care of our employees so they can take awesome care of our customers. You will be getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing dynamic business with great opportunities for growth. You will be a key part of shaping a great new organization.
This position reports to the President & CEO and offers an exciting opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and fast-paced defense engineering company with very competitive salary and annual bonus. The accounting specialist is responsible for managing all day-to-day accounting activities, finance reports and month-end close as well as banking, government DCMA, and WAWF. The accounting team will support the Program Management team on program financial performance and job costing. The ideal candidate has worked in accounting and finance and is looking for a great opportunity to chart a course for future career growth. This person will also interface with our banks and outside CPA.
• Provide financial leadership to the Sr Management Team
• Provide Costing information to PMs and Sales
• Monitor and report on Inventory.
• Have overall responsibility for the following business functions:
• Process A/P invoices, expense reports, and other requests for expenditures.
• Process A/R invoices, monitor accounts receivable, and follow-up on unpaid accounts.
• Research invoice issues: interface with vendors, procurement team, and other appropriate staff to reconcile.
• Manage month-end close and audit requests.
• Assist President and CEO with accounting projects as needed.
• Review and process employee expense reports.
• Process weekly check runs.
• Process vendor applications and maintain vendor accounts.
• Assist with various tax filings.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business, or equivalent experience
• 5 years’ experience
• Experience working in a manufacturing company a must.
• Ability to process and manage confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to remain highly organized and pay attention to detail to ensure all financial records and transactions contain appropriate and accurate information.
• Problem solving aptitude.
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, word, excel, etc.
• Clear and professional communication skills, both verbal and written
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. NO Dual Citizenship.
Must consent to and pass a drug screen as conditions of employment.
The work environment is that of a typical electronic assembly operation with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception a
• Ability to adjust focus.
Lite Coms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by law.